15 Aug City Flag
Calling all artists, the City of Galveston is accepting submissions for designs on a new city flag. My sincere thanks to the Cultural Arts Commission, who will be reviewing the submissions and presenting the final designs to the public for a vote. Once adopted by city council, the final design will be the official flag of the City of Galveston and will fly at City Hall.
Email submissions to Barbara Sanderson firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line (Your Name) Flag Proposal
Size design Submissions 2 x 3 inch
The City of Galveston will enjoy all rights to use and license design
Designs should follow these five principles
- Keep It Simple. The flag should be so simple that a child can draw it from memory.
- Use Meaningful Symbolism. The flag’s images, colors, or patterns should relate to what it symbolizes.
- Use 2 or 3 Basic Colors. Limit the number of colors on the flag to three which contrast well and come from the standard color set.
- No Lettering or Seals. Never use writing of any kind or an organization’s seal.
- Be Distinctive or Be Related. Avoid duplicating other flags, but use similarities to show connections. (source: http://nava.org/good-flag-bad-flag/)
Call for Proposals: 9/01/2020
Submission Deadline: 11/07/2020
Commission sends recommendations to City Council: 2/09/2021